The Graduate Council
The Graduate Council reviews the policies, practices, and procedures of the Graduate School.
Graduate Council Meeting Dates
To be held from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in McKenna Hall unless otherwise specified. [Last updated 8/30/2012]
- Tues., October 2, 2012 — Room 210/214
- Mon., November 12, 2012 — Room 210/214
- Wed., January 30, 2013 — Room 100/104
- Tues., March 19, 2013 — Room 100/104
Members of the Graduate CouncilThe date following each name indicates the year in which the term of office will end.
2011–12 Ex Officio Members:
- Christine Maziar, Ph.D.
Chair and Acting Dean of the Graduate School
- Robert Bernhard, Ph.D.
Vice President for Research, Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- Gregory Crawford, Ph.D.
W.K. Warren Foundation Dean of Science and Professor of Physics
- Peter Kilpatrick, Ph.D.
Matthew H. McCloskey Dean of the College of Engineering and Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Michael Lykoudis, M.Arch
Dean of the School of Architecture
- John T. McGreevy, Ph.D.
I.A. O’Shaughnessy Dean of the College of Arts and Letters and Professor of History
- Nell Jessup Newton, J.D.
Joseph A. Matson Dean of the Law School and Professor of Law
- Roger Huang, Ph.D.
Interim Dean of the Mendoza College of Business and Kenneth R. Meyer Chair in Global Investment Management
- Diane Parr Walker, MA, MLS
Edward H. Arnold University Librarian, Hesburgh Libraries
- Sunny Boyd (Biological Sciences) — 2014
- Cindy Bergeman (Psychology) — 2015
- Jeremy Fein (Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences) — 2013
- Gerald McKenny (Theology) — 2013
- David Bennett (Physics, research faculty) — 2014
- Thomas Corke (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering) — 2013
- Mark Cummings (Psychology) — 2013
- Margaret Meserve (History) — 2013
- Marvin Miller (Chemistry and Biochemistry) — 2013
Academic Council Representatives
- Panos Antsaklis (Electrical Engineering) — 2013
- Laura Carlson (Psychology) — 2013 (chair)
- Margaret Doody (English) — 2013
- Dennis Doordan (Architecture) — 2013
- Umesh Garg (Physics) — 2013
- Alain Toumayan (Romance Languages and Literatures) — 2013
Graduate Student Representatives:
- Douglas Rice (Chemistry and Biochemistry), GSU President — 2013
- Katherine Rueff (Physics), GSU Vice-President — 2013
Graduate Collegiate Deans
- Phillip Bess, M.Arch, M.T.S.
Director of Graduate Studies and Professor of Architectures
- Richard Garnett, J.D.
Associate Dean for Faculty Research and Professor of Law
- Mark McCready, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies and Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Mark Schurr, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for the Social Sciences and Research and Professor of Anthropology
- Richard Taylor, Ph.D.
Associate Dean For Research and Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Nonvoting Graduate School Representatives
- Brian M. Baker, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Programs
- Brian Flaherty, MBA
Associate Director of Budget and Operations
- John Lubker, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Students
- Nyrée McDonald, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Recruitment and Admissions
- Mary Hendriksen, Executive Administrator, The Graduate School
Graduate Council Minutes
- October 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- April 2011
- January 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- May 2010
- January 2010
- October 2009
- April 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008
- September 2008
- February 2008
- November 2007
- September 2007
- April 2007
- January 2007
- November 2006
- September 2006