The Graduate Administrative Staff Member Award
Nominations for Commencement 2018 awards are now being solicited through December 19, 2017.
Description of the Award
The Graduate Administrative Staff Member Award recognizes the graduate administrative staff member who has had the most significant impact on graduate studies in his/her program.
That impact might involve some or all of the following:
- Efficiency in administrative aspects of the graduate program—fiscal, programmatic, and personal—from the time students are recruited to the time they graduate;
- Being proactive in exploring alternatives to current practices or instituting new ones;
- Responsiveness to faculty and student needs;
- Attention to accuracy and effective communication;
- A willingness to engage in professional development opportunities, such as learning new technology or new systems;
- Making the University a welcoming place for students.
For a list of previous winners, see the past winners page.
All graduate administrative staff members within graduate programs are eligible to be nominated for the award. Award winners must be able to attend the Graduate School Awards Dinner on Friday, May 18, 2018, when the award will be presented, and the Graduate School Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
Graduate administrative staff members may be nominated by their corresponding director of graduate studies, their department chair, academic dean, and associate dean. Nomination letters must address the criteria identified above in the “Description” of the award. Nominations should be submitted here
The selection committee will be the Graduate Studies Leadership Committee.
Nominations should be submitted as a formal letter of nomination to Susan Miller in the Graduate School (502 Main Building; 1-8052).