Romance Languages and Literatures
On the Web
- GRE General Test
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native speakers of English
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of intent
- A recent paper in the language of the proposed field of study, as well as one in English if that is not your native language
- A compact disc or MP3 file demonstrating competency in the propose language of study if you are a native English speaker, or in English if you are a native speaker of French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Italian
- Three letters of recommendation
- Fall: January 8 (Italian) and January 15 (French, Spanish)
The primary aim of the master’s degree program in Romance Languages and Literatures is to provide students with a comprehensive background in the literary and cultural achievements of French-, Italian- and Spanish-speaking countries from an interdisciplinary approach. The course of study is especially well-suited to those desiring contact with scholars in the field, whether for guidance or focused study. The department encourages further study for their graduates in doctoral programs at Notre Dame and elsewhere. Read more about graduate studies in Romance Languages at Notre Dame.
Director of Graduate Studies
Telephone: (574) 631-2536
Fax: (574) 631-3493
Cost of Living
The South Bend, Ind. area provides many amenities but one of the lowest cost-of-living rates of any major research university in the country. Learn more.