On the Web
Applicants are admitted primarily to the Ph.D. program.
- GRE General Test
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native speakers of English
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Fall: January 15
The Electrical Engineering program’s goal is to educate the next generation of innovative engineers, through coursework, research, and a culminating student dissertation. Graduates go on to careers in academia and industry, and faculty, students, and alumni regularly publish in leading engineering publications. Research in the department is broadly divided into two areas: electronic circuits and systems and electronic materials and devices, with further concentrations available in each. Read more about graduate studies in Electrical Engineering at Notre Dame.
Facilities and Resources
- O’Sullivan Research Group
- Nanoelectronics Lab (Seabaugh)
- Wireless Institute (Laneman)
- High Speed Circuits & Devices Lab (Fay)
- Distributed Cooperative System Research (DISCOVER) Laboratory (Lin)
Cost of Living
The South Bend, Ind. area provides many amenities but one of the lowest cost-of-living rates of any major research university in the country. Learn more.