On the Web
The Ph.D. in Literature program is an innovative, interdisciplinary doctoral program. Participants study literature from transnational and intercultural perspectives within traditional disciplines and across disciplinary and national boundaries. The program encourages students to tailor their field of study in imaginative ways—for example, historical periods, genres, literary movements, literary traditions and languages, geographical areas, interdisciplinary relations, and literary theory and criticism. The program offers graduate minors in Gender Studies and in Screen Cultures. Read more about graduate studies in Literature at Notre Dame.
- Devers Program in Dante Studies
- Institute for Advanced Study
- Kellogg Institute for International Studies
- Keough-Naughton Institute for Irish Studies
- Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Nanovic Center for European Studies
- Medieval Institute
Director of Graduate Studies
Laura Wells Betz
Telephone: (574) 631-0481
Fax: (574) 631-8399
Cost of Living
The South Bend, Ind. area provides many amenities but one of the lowest cost-of-living rates of any major research university in the country. Learn more.