Musical Arts: D.M.A.
On the Web
Doctor of Musical Arts, with concentrations in choral conducting and organ performance
- GRE General Test (optional)
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native speakers of English
- Curriculum vitae indicating all areas of musical, artistic and academic training and languages
- Statement of professional and artistic goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for Master of Music or Master of Sacred Music degree
- Writing sample
- Student portfolio documenting past academic work, audio and video recordings of performances, etc.
- DVD, CD or YouTube posting of audition materials displaying level of proficiency (15 minutes in length). Live performances are preferred, but prepared performances will also be accepted.
Distinguished by its artistic goals, interdisciplinary methodology and by an engagement with Christian musical traditions, the Doctor in Musical Arts program offers professional training of conductors and organists who wish to work at the highest levels in colleges, universities and seminaries, as well as in cathedrals, churches and other artistic communities throughout the world. Read More about the Doctor of Musical Arts program at Notre Dame.
- Pierpaolo Polzonetti, Director of Graduate Studies
- Janet L. Rudasics, Program Office Manager
Telephone: (574) 631-1300
Fax: (574) 631-8985
Cost of Living
The South Bend, Ind. area provides many amenities but one of the lowest cost-of-living rates of any major research university in the country. Learn more.