Peace Studies: Ph.D.
On the Web
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and Anthropology
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and History
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and Political Science
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and Psychology
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and Sociology
- Ph.D. in Peace Studies and Theology
- GRE General Test
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native speakers of English
- A writing sample, demonstrating skills in writing, analysis, and peace research, is required. See the program website for additional details.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Fall: December 15
The Ph.D. program prepares students in research methodologies associated with the disciplines of history, political science, psychology, sociology and theology. Graduates are credentialed in one of the five disciplines and fully acquainted with the research questions and findings of interdisciplinary peace research. They will continue on to take positions in universities and colleges within their own disciplines, but with a focus on peace studies. Read more about graduate studies in Peace Studies at Notre Dame.
“The capacity to project into the future is an essential component of our agency as human beings. It’s in our imaginations, yet it has a real impact upon what we do. It draws us forward in different ways,” said Ann Mische, an associate professor in Notre Dame’s Department of Sociology and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies.
Completion and placement data is not yet available.
Director of Doctoral Studies
Telephone: (574) 631-4371
Fax: (574) 631-6973
Cost of Living
The South Bend, Ind. area provides many amenities but one of the lowest cost-of-living rates of any major research university in the country. Learn more.