The orientation session for new graduate students will take place the Friday before fall classes begin. This year’s orientation is Friday, August 17.
The Graduate School/GSU Orientation activities are designed to:
- Support the student’s transition to the graduate community at University of Notre Dame
- Inform the students of the various campus departments and services available to them
- Introduce students to the Acting Dean of the Graduate School Chris Maziar and Associate Deans Laura Carlson (Professional Development) and John Lubker (Student Affairs)
- Inform students of professional development opportunities throughout their graduate studies
- Give students an overview of key policies and procedures
- Introduce students to Graduate Student Union offerings
- Provide students with an opportunity to network with each other
Students enjoy refreshments as they mingle and explore information booths and meet representatives of service offices and organizations on campus.
A presentation by representatives of the Graduate School and Graduate Student Union (GSU) provides a brief introduction to the services and support available to graduate students.
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 17
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Information Fair
Jordan Hall of Science, Main Hall
|3:00 – 4:00 p.m.||Overview of Graduate School/Graduate Student Union
Jordan Hall of Science, Lecture Halls
|5:00 p.m.||Prayer Service for all Graduate Students (Celebrated by Fr. Jenkins)