The Graduate Student Orientation and Information Fair will take place on Friday, August 23rd from 2:00 – 4:15 p.m. in the DeBartolo Hall Classroom Building. An optional prayer service for all graduate students will follow at the Grotto at 5:00 p.m.
Please remember to bring your student ID with you!
Orientation Schedule of Events
|1:30 p.m.||Doors open|
|2:00 – 3:15 p.m.|| Overview of Graduate School/Graduate Student Union
DeBartolo Hall (Classroom Building), Room 101
Please bring your University ID — you will need it to check-in at the event!
|3:00 – 4:15 p.m.|| Information Fair
DeBartolo Hall (Classroom Building)
|5:00 p.m.|| Optional Prayer Service for all Graduate Students
The Orientation and Information Fair will include a presentation by the members of the Graduate School and the Graduate Student Union (GSU), introducing new students to graduate studies, and information on the variety of resources and services offered on campus. Both of these events will provide resources for your success as a scholar and well-being as a student. Light refreshments will be served.
Department orientation sessions will also take place. Please check with your department for information on these discipline-specific orientations.
The Graduate School/GSU Orientation activities are designed to:
- Support your transition to the graduate community at the University of Notre Dame
- Inform you of the variety of services and resources available on campus
- Introduce you to the dean and the associate deans of the Graduate School
- Inform you of professional development opportunities throughout your graduate career
- Give you an overview of key policies and procedures
- Introduce you to Graduate Student Union leadership, offerings, services, and support
- Provide you with an opportunity to meet other graduate students
We look forward to meeting you at Graduate Student Orientation 2013! Pre-registration is not required, but please know that you will be required to check in with your student ID at the entrance to the event in DeBartolo Hall.
If you have questions, please refer to your Save the Date! email (July 12) or visit the Resources for Newly Admitted Students page.
Map of Locations
- DeBartolo Hall (classroom building)
- Irish Green Play Ground
- Student parking (C1 Lots)