Teaching workshops, presentations, and other services are provided by departments, colleges, and the Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources to develop your teaching skills and to create the best possible learning experience for your students.
- Kristin Rudenga, Assistant Director at the Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning. Dr. Rudenga helps graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty members to develop and grow as teachers. She consults with instructors on pedagogical approaches, facilitates seminar series and workshops on teaching and mentoring, and is the Center’s liaison to the Graduate School’s Professional Development Committee. To schedule an appointment, email her at email@example.com
- The Wakonse Conference brings together graduate students, faculty and teaching and learning professionals from post-secondary institutions who recognize and are devoted to the inspirational aspect of the teaching and learning process. Wakonse is an organization of individuals dedicated to promoting and sharing with colleagues the excitement and satisfaction of teaching in higher education. Fellowships are available for graduate students.
- Notes on Teaching and Learning, the Kaneb Center blog, is focused on stimulating scholarly reflection and conversation about teaching, and supporting the adoption of practices that enhance learning.
- Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning
- Graduate Teaching Fellowship
Higher Education News
Inside Higher ED
Inside Higher Ed is the online source for news, opinion, and jobs for all of higher education. Whether you’re an adjunct or a vice president, a grad student or an éminence grise, we’ve got what you need to thrive in your job or find a better one: breaking news and feature stories, provocative daily commentary, areas for comment on every article, practical career columns, and a powerful suite of tools to help higher education professionals get jobs and colleges identify and hire employees.
The Chronicle of Higher Education
Online, The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academe. The Chronicle’s Web site features the complete contents of the latest issue; daily news and advice columns; thousands of current job listings; an archive of previously published content; vibrant discussion forums; and career-building tools such as online CV management, salary databases, and more.
Stanford University Center for Teaching and Learning
The Stanford University Center for Teaching and Learning is one of many excellent teaching and learning centers around the country with stellar resources for TAs and graduate students. Specifically, Stanford has a great collection of quick tips for the busy graduate student.