The Graduate School and OIT Training office are offering free single-session classes of interest to graduate students who are using MS Word to format their doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis. To sign up for any of classes listed below, please see the Endeavor registration instructions included after the schedule.
Preparing Your Dissertation (Word 2010)
Learn to use MS Word and the Graduate School template to quickly and efficiently format your dissertation or thesis. Examples will include modifying, creating, and applying text/paragraph styles; using section breaks for proper pagination; altering orientation, margins, and page numbers on landscape pages; and creating and updating an automatic table of contents or table of figures/tables. The Graduate School’s formatting editor will be on-hand to answer questions as time allows.
Registration is required, and seating is limited. (See below for instructions.)
Tuesday, June 7: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. B002 DeBartolo Hall
Thursday, June 23: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. B002 DeBartolo Hall
How to use Endeavor, the online registration tool:
(Note: You must be connected to the campus network or VPN to use the Endeavor system. If you have trouble registering for the class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-7227.)
1. Go to endeavor.nd.edu. Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
2. Click Go (upper left), then choose Learning from the dropdown menu.
3. From the Learning menu, choose Course Catalog.
4. Use the arrows (upper left and right corners) to page through the alphabetical list, or search for a specific course (click Filter, enter criteria and click Apply).
5. Click the class’s link and scroll through the list of Upcoming Classes for that course.
6. From the Action dropdown of the class you want, choose Register for This Class and click submit.
To view class details:
1. Locate the course in the Course Catalog (see above) and click its link.
2. Scroll through the list to find your specific session, and from its dropdown menu, choose More Details.
3. Read the “Notes to the Class” field to view session details such as start and end times.
If you have questions regarding the classes or need help registering, please contact the OIT Training staff at email@example.com or 631-7227.
If you have questions regarding the dissertation/thesis formatting and submission process, please contact Shari Hill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.