Are you a new TA? The Kaneb Center has the experience, training and resources to make your first semester a success. Join us for orientation sessions on Thursday, August 18 and Friday, August 19 to learn how to approach grading, discussions, labs, tutorials, and much more.
Which session should I attend?
- Thursday, August 18th-1:00-4:15 (DeBartolo Hall, Room 138): This session is recommended for all new TAs.
- Friday, August 19th-9:00-noon (DeBartolo Hall, Rooms 204 & 205): The Friday sessions are concurrent and geared toward particular disciplines. (For example, the discussion and grading session might be particularly helpful for TAs from the College of Arts and Letters, while the lab settings session would be recommended for science, math, and engineering TAs.)
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the Notre Dame undergraduate in the context of the classroom
- How to approach the first day of class and to set the tone for the semester
- How to lead effective discussions
- Succeeding as a TA in lab and tutorial settings
- Grading student work
Please contact Alisa Zornig at email@example.com or 631-9146 for more information.