Graduate Professional Development Assistant posting
Description: The Graduate School Professional Development Team is seeking to hire students to assist with Professional Development programs and initiatives. The mission of the Professional Development Program is to enhance the academic training of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars within the areas of research, teaching, career and ethics. The ideal candidate for this role would be a strong communicator with experience using Excel and an interest in project management, data analysis, technology, and holistic professional development.
In support of this mission the Graduate Professional Development Assistant’s responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with multiple communication efforts including, but not limited to, social media, email campaigns, calendar updates, and posters
- Coordinating event logistics: facility reservations, catering orders, and participant registration
- Managing online event registration and evaluation data
- Maintaining databases and creating reports
- Students making satisfactory academic progress
- Experience with Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Students enrolled in a graduate program at Notre Dame
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Experience with graphic design, Google apps, and social media
- Available to work over the summer
Schedule: To be agreed upon, but within the standard work week (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm). Strongly prefer availability on Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons.
Pay: $15/hour. The Graduate Assistant will hone their organizational, technical, and data analysis skills, gain experience working in higher education administration, and contribute to shaping the course of graduate student professional training at Notre Dame.
Interested students should submit a CV and letter of interest to Mae Kilker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Priority will be given to applications received by May 1, 2018.