Contest: Fall Follies 2015
Announcing Fall Follies 2015!
The Graduate School is sponsoring a parody music video contest. Yes—graduate school is hard work, but it can be a lot of fun, too. Tell us about your frustrations, pratfalls, and difficulties, but also the show the humor of graduate school: what you find uplifting, inspiring, and hilarious. Don’t take yourself too seriously! Get some friends together and make yourselves (and us) laugh. Deadline for submission is October 4; the videos premiere during Graduate Student Appreciation Week.
- 1st Prize: Weekly cupcake delivery for a semester
- 2nd Prize: $100 Starbucks giftcard
- The Peoples’ Choice: A thematic party box with everything you need to celebrate your win
The video contest is open to all current Notre graduate students and postdocs. Videos should be sincere and genuine, but also upbeat, fun, and creative.
- Videos must be shot in or around Notre Dame
- If filmed with a cell phone, please ensure your video is captured horizontally
- We don’t expect high production values for these videos (amateur is excellent!), but please make sure that the sound and lighting is good enough to convey your message
- Costumes, props, and etc. are all highly encouraged (but not required).
To submit your video, upload it to YouTube and send the link to Evan Bryson. He will post on the Graduate School’s Facebook page. (You may also email him if you have any questions.)
“Lady Got Grant”
We took our own challenge! We’re not saying it was easy, or pretty—but it sure was a lot of fun to make. Here is our video offering:
All links to videos must be sent to Evan Bryson by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 4. The winners will be announced by the Graduate School later in the week.