Graduate Program in English
- Jan. 2
- Master of Arts
- 1 semester minimum
Note: This department primarily admits to the PhD program.
The graduate program in English is a highly selective program in which students specialize in historical areas but also pursue interdisciplinary perspectives, with particular interest in critical theory, literature and science, literature and politics, postcolonial and ethnic studies, and gender studies. A nearly 1:1 faculty to graduate student ratio ensures that students receive considerable individual attention as they progress in their course of studies.
- Application Materials:
- GRE General Test required
- GRE Subject Test strongly recommended
- TOEFL or IELTS for non-native speakers of English
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample(s) - refer to program site for details
Director of Graduate Studies
Phone: (574) 631-2569