The University of Notre Dame Graduate School welcomes 304 Ph.D. and 116 master’s students to campus for the 2010-2011 academic year. Orientation for all new students is Friday, August 20, Jordan Hall of Science, 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. The orientation has two parts: A formal presentation and an informal booth display. The presentation will be held in Room 105 Jordan Hall and will be given twice (once from 2:15-3:15, and once from 3:30-4:30). The booths will be open from 2:00 -4:30 pm in the Jordan Hall lobby.
The presentation will consist of a welcome from Dean Gregory E. Sterling and several short talks by other members of the Graduate School regarding the various facets of Graduate School professional development—research, teaching, ethics, and career. The speakers will address how each graduate student can develop and excel in these four areas over the span of his or her Graduate School career. Officers of Notre Dame’s Graduate Student Union will also address new students.
Pre-registration for the orientation by incoming graduate students is appreciated but not required.
Exhibit booths in the lobby will be open to all new and continuing graduate students to receive information about various resources on campus.
Graduate School Booths:
- Get connected: Synchronize to the Graduate School Professional Development Google Calendar and set up your COS profile
- Professional development T-shirts (free) and cultural passports
- Snapshots of graduate student life
- Grant and fellowship advising
Other University Offices and Entities:
- Notre Dame Security Police
- Office of Student Activities
- Graduate Student Union
- University Health Services
- University Counseling Center
- Career Center
- Kaneb Center
- Writing Center
- Hesburgh Libraries
- Office of Student Accounts
- International Student Services and Activities
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services
- Campus Ministry
- Thomas Aquinas Society
- Center for Social Concerns
- Center for Research Computing
- Office of Informational Technologies
For further information, please contact Melissa Wilde [574.631.1704 or Wilde.email@example.com]