Spouse ID Cards
Spouses of degree-seeking students in the Graduate School (engineering, humanities, science, social sciences, business PhD) may request a spouse ID through the Graduate School. Spouses of students in architecture, law, and business master's degree programs: please see below.
The default privileges associated with spouse ID cards at this time include:
- Access to Student Activity events, such as pep rallies, or student-only events at Legends
- Rec Sports facility entry
- Library access
- Domer Dollar access (including the ability to purchase dining hall meal plans)
Optional privileges included by request:
- Access to the Wellness Center for the graduate student's spouse and/or dependents, allowing for on-site services at the Notre Dame Wellness Center for a flat access fee of $30 per visit regardless of insurance status. (NOTE: Any off-site services such as lab results or x-rays must be paid separately. Individuals on Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare are not eligible for services at the Notre Dame Wellness Center.) For additional information on the Wellness Center, refer to the Wellness Center FAQ below.
Other departments/ programs may choose to extend privileges and access rights to student spouses in the future. If your spouse already has an ID card at Notre Dame (as a student or employee), then a separate spouse card will not be issued. For your spouse to be eligible for an ID card, you must be an active, degree-seeking student.
Graduate School Students and Spouses
To obtain an ID card for your spouse, IF you have not already done so, please do the following:
- Complete the Spouse ID Card and Wellness Center Access Form — note that you also have the option to add your spouse and dependents to the Wellness Center eligibility list on this form.
- After marriage verification, your spouse’s name will be entered into the Notre Dame system. Once the name is entered, your spouse will receive an email that will include his/her identification number and further instructions on obtaining the ID card itself. Please allow up to five business days for the delivery of this email.
- A processing fee of $25 will be collected when your spouse visits the Campus Card Office to pick up his or her ID card. This payment must be made by debit or credit card; cash and checks are no longer accepted.
Graduate student spouses who already have a spouse ID may be added to the Wellness Center eligibility list after the fact. You do not need to be on the University’s insurance plan.
If you have any questions about these processes, please contact Laura Patzschke at 631-7544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the following personnel or offices to inquire about your ID.
- Architecture: Samantha L. Salden, 631-0191
- Law: Admissions Office, 631-6626
- Business (terminal master's degrees): Admissions Office, 631-8488
Students of the IU Medical School in South Bend must be enrolled in a joint Notre Dame Ph.D. program to qualify for a spouse ID.
Who is eligible to access services at the Notre Dame Wellness Center?
In addition to all Notre Dame faculty and staff, spouses and dependents of active degree-seeking Notre Dame graduate students can use the Wellness Center once the student has completed the required registration form.
How do I complete the registration form for my spouse and dependents?
Complete the Spouse ID Card and Wellness Center Access Form online.
Do I need to have insurance to use the Wellness Center?
No, the $30 access fee is a flat rate for all eligible users regardless of insurance status.
If I do have insurance, can it be used to cover additional off-site services?
Yes, but the individual is responsible for filing those claims themselves. The Wellness Center will not bill with your insurance provider.
Can my partner access these services?
Students and spouses must provide verification of legally-recognized marriage in order to be eligible for a spouse ID and services.
Can my dependent children access these services if I am not married?
Yes, once you have completed the required registration form.