Spouse ID Cards

Spouses of degree-seeking students in the Graduate School (engineering, humanities, science and social sciences) may request a spouse ID through the Graduate School. Spouses of students in architecture, business, and law: please see below.

The default privileges associated with spouse ID cards at this time include:

  • Access to Student Activity events, such as pep rallies, or student-only events at Legends 
  • Rec Sports facility entry
  • Library access
  • Domer Dollar access (including the ability to purchase dining hall meal plans) 

Other departments/ programs may choose to extend privileges and access rights to student spouses in the future. If your spouse already has an ID card at Notre Dame (as a student or employee), then a separate spouse card will not be issued. For your spouse to be eligible for an ID card, you must be an active, degree-seeking student.


Graduate School Students and Spouses

To obtain an ID card for your spouse, IF you have not already done so, please do the following:

  1. Complete the request form — note that you also have the option to add your spouse and dependents to the Wellness Center eligibility list on this form.
  2. After marriage verification, your spouse’s name will be entered into the Notre Dame system. Once the name is entered, your spouse will receive an email that will include his/her identification number and further instructions on obtaining the ID card itself. Please allow up to five business days for the delivery of this email.
  3. A processing fee of $25 will be collected when your spouse visits the Campus Card Office to pick up his or her ID card. This payment must be made by debit or credit card; cash and checks are no longer accepted.

Graduate student spouses who already have a spouse ID may be added to the Wellness Center eligibility list after the fact. You do not need to be on the University’s insurance plan.

If you have any questions about these processes, please contact Laura Patzschke at 631-7544 or email lpatzsch@nd.edu.


Professional School Students and Spouses

Please contact the following personnel or offices to inquire about your ID.

Students of the IU Medical School in South Bend must be enrolled in a joint Notre Dame Ph.D. program to qualify for a spouse ID.

Updated: 9/10/2021