Summer Research Opportunities
Notre Dame has many opportunities for promising undergraduate students to broaden their research skills with world-class faculty and to experience our campus in advance of applying for graduate studies.
We offer several Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). The list of REU programs can be found below.
The Graduate School also offers its very own Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) which is independent from the REU, but offers many of the same (and more) opportunities to prepare undergraduates for graduate school success.
We encourage current undergraduate juniors and rising seniors, in any discipline offered by the Notre Dame Graduate School, to join our campus community for 10 weeks of guided research with accomplished faculty, culminating in a symposium attended by 200 peer researchers. The deadline for applications is March 1.
- Competitive stipends
- GRE preparation
- Graduate school application support
- Fee waiver when applying to ND
- Assistance with fellowship applications to NSF, NIH, and more
Session title: "5 Reasons Why Undergrads Should Participate in Summer Research Experiences.” Click a time and date below to register.
- Monday, December 20, 2021 at 04:00 PM until 04:35 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 08:00 PM until 08:35 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 04:00 PM until 04:35 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
Session title: "SROP Application Walk-Through and Q&A.” Click a time and date below to register.
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 08:00 PM until 08:35 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 04:00 PM until 04:35 PM (Eastern Standard Time)