Application Instructions for SROP
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate School’s SROP! The application is completely electronic. The instructions below will guide you through the process.
- Once you have created an account you will need to click on the link “Application for Admission” to begin.
- If the question has an *asterisk next to it then you must provide an answer.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and first generation, low income, or a member of an underrepresented group in academia to apply to the program. If you have funding from another source or your university please send an email to Linda Chism (email@example.com) and explain your funding situation. Please do not continue with the application unless you are directed to submit it.
- Under Applicant Type please select Departmental Non-Degree.
- If this step is not followed we will not receive your application.
- Select the Summer term for the year in which you plan to participate in the SROP.
- Do your best to thoroughly fill in the Personal Information section, but you can skip the Family Information section.
- In the Test Score Information section you can click on Save & Continue without entering any information. These scores are not needed for this program.
- In the International Information section you can click on Save & Continue without entering any information.
- In the Planned Course of Study section, select Part Time, and in answering “Program Applying to” select
- Graduate School Research Opportunity
- In the Academic History section enter the colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts are required. An unofficial copy of your transcript will be accepted and must be uploaded where it says upload document.
- In the Additional Information section you can list the University of Notre Dame as School Number 1. Please let us know if you are applying to any other REU-like programs. The Headings Language and Financial Aid can both be left blank.
- In the Uploads section you will need to upload your statement of intent. The statement should cover some or all of the following:
- Information about you
- Why you are interested in an Undergraduate Research Program
- Discipline related experience (classes, computer training)
- Future (after graduation) plans
- This is a perfect platform for explaining any low grades or problems with grades
- Where you heard about the Notre Dame Summer Research Opportunities Program and what appeals to you about our program specifically
- These are suggestions. Your statement is your opportunity to provide more information about you!
- Curriculum Vitae or resume must be uploaded in the Curriculum Vitae heading.
- One letter of recommendation is required. In place of the second recommendation letter you can use “Linda Chism” as the recommender and use the email firstname.lastname@example.org. In place of the third recommendation letter you can use any name as the recommender and use the email email@example.com. All recommendation letters must be electronic.
There is no application fee.
Ready to apply? Please click on the link below: