Be Well Fund
Thank you for your interest in the Be Well Fund. The funding limit for AY 2022/2023 has been reached and applications are no longer being accepted.
The fund will reopen at the beginning of next academic year.
The Graduate School’s Be Well Fund provides funding to Notre Dame students in a Graduate School program and postdocs to participate in a wide variety of enriching and entertaining experiences that focus on your wellness. From taking a yoga class to paying for a personal trainer, the Be Well Fund can make it more affordable to focus on your mental, emotional, and physical wellness, allowing you to Be Well.
For AY 2022-23, graduate students and postdocs can apply for up to $50 per person in funding towards a paid group exercise class, fitness equipment, paid meditation app, hobby supplies, etc. that focuses on holistic individual wellness.
This is a first come, first serve opportunity. The application will close once the funding limit has been reached.
Additional details are given below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Who is eligible to apply and attend?
- Graduate students and post-docs are eligible to apply.
- Applicants and attendees can access Be Well funds once every academic year.
- Children or minors below the age of 18 are not eligible for funding.
What wellness-related things will you fund?
- Wellness/fitness events fees (e.g. race entry fees, intramural sports fees)
- Fitness/nutritional class or lessons (e.g. cooking class, group exercise class, yoga, etc.)
- Purchase of at-home exercise equipment and DVDs
- Gym membership
- Paid phone apps that focus on wellness (exercise apps, mindfulness apps, stress management apps, sleeping apps)
- Receipt must be provided for reimbursement for any item.
What are the requirements?
- Submit the online application and receipts within the same academic calendar year of purchase.
- Explain within the application how the purchase has, or will, aid in your holistic personal wellness.
Is there a funding cap?
- Yes, funding for AY 2022-23 should not exceed $50 per person.
- Requests will be accepted until the monetary limit is reached. Update: The funding limit for AY 2022/2023 has been reached and applications are no longer being accepted. The fund will reopen at the beginning of next academic year.
How do I receive funding?
Be Well funding will be provided through reimbursement to the primary applicant using the TravelND online system
Requirements for reimbursement:
- Submission of a valid receipt or payment confirmation
- Complete the required application
- A failure to submit receipts or payment confirmations and submit a completed application may result in a disqualification for funding.
- Application processing may take up to a week after a submission is received.
- Be Well and Apply now. Update: The funding limit for AY 2022/2023 has been reached and applications are no longer being accepted. The fund will reopen at the beginning of next academic year.