ND Yellow Ribbon Program
As one of the nation's top academic institutions, the University of Notre Dame values the unique leadership and global experience of both our active duty service members and military veterans. We are committed to the success of verterans pursuing a doctoral or master's degree program by offering our support regarding the use of your Veteran Affairs (VA) benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon Program. Additional benefits include:
- $75 application fee waived for all United States Armed Forces veterans and active duty service members
- Fully funded package for students admitted to all doctoral programs, including tuition remission, a competitive stipend, and health benefits
- Extensive professional development training opportunities, career services, grad student life resources, and more to support your transition to graduate studies and research and beyond
Continue your training as a force for good. Request more information today!
- Graduate Information Sheet: Provides more information on the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) and Yellow Ribbon Program (hosted by the Office of the Registrar)
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool: Calculate your benefits and research approved programs
- Certification Process at a Glance: Step-by-step instructions for certification
- Federal Shopping Sheets - Graduate: Estimated cost form provided by the Office of Financial Aid
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs: The Office of Military & Veteran Affairs (OMVA) is responsible for making the Notre Dame experience robust, inclusive, and vibrant for military-connected students, enabling Notre Dame to lead an exemplary model of engagement in the military and veteran space.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The Graduate School, Graduate Enrollment Management
Nyrée McDonald, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Graduate Enrollment Management
Office of the Registrar, Certification of Enrollment
Lance Nettrouer, VA School Certifying Official
Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
Office of Financial Aid, Financial Breakdown
Desmond Delgado, Student Financial Aid Counselor
Joel Short, Senior Assistant Director
Veteran Affairs Call Center, Eligibility requirements, processing time schedules, general questions.
VA education benefits call center
Be advised this line only accepts calls from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. central time Monday-Friday, and you may experience long hold times.