Social Justice Award
Nominations for this award will open spring 2024.
Description of the Award
The Social Justice Award is designed to recognize and honor distinctive achievements by a graduate student in the Notre Dame community who has tackled complex issues in our society through his or her research, scholarship, teaching, and service. The particular focus should be on the long-term impact of the work as a force for good in the world.
See a list of past Social Justice Award winners.
Nominees may be graduate students in the colleges of arts and letters, engineering, or science; the Keough School of Global Affairs; or doctoral students in the Mendoza College of Business. Nominees for this award do not need to be graduating in the current academic year.
Each department may nominate one student for the award. The nomination packet should include the following:
- Letter of nomination from a Director of Graduate Studies, Department Chair, advisor, staff member, or student colleague
- Note: One letter is required. A second letter is optional.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Nominee’s e-mail address and phone number
- Statement from nominee (no more than two pages) discussing significance and impact of their work, both intellectually and more broadly. Statement should not replicate the CV but instead place specific aspects of the work in a larger context. The statement may be accompanied by supplemental materials as necessary to make the case
Nominations should be submitted via the online nomination site.