Office of Grants and Fellowships
The Office of Grants and Fellowships offers a diverse array of events: workshops, lecture-based information sessions, round table discussions, and one-on-one support for fellowships work. We address topics, opportunities, and skills relevant to all graduate students. Whether you are a specialist in the Humanities, Social Sciences, or STEM fields, whether you are a first-year Master's student or final-year Ph.D. candidate, we can help you secure funding and take the next step towards your career goals. View our list of upcoming events to find the best fit for you!
Funding and Award Opportunities
External funding is given by societies, foundations, government agencies, and other entities, and is open to scholars from any institution who are eligible under that funding agency's criteria. Otherwise known as nationally competitive awards, external funding is a way to position yourself as a leading scholar in your field, whether you are just beginning your graduate career, are in dissertation research and writing, or are close to the end of your degree and exploring career options. Explore external opportunities here.
IInternal grants, like the GSPDA, and fellowships, like the Nanovic Institute Dissertation Fellowship are offered through institutes and departments at Notre Dame. They are restricted to Notre Dame students only. Explore internal opportunities here.
Grant Writing Resources
- Self-Directed Tutorials for major fellowships on Sakai (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access)
- Successful application essays from Notre Dame fellowship winners hosted on Box (email email@example.com to request access)
- Personalized, one-on-one consultations with our multidisciplinary Grants and Fellowships team
- External fellowships databases provided through Graduate School subscriptions: Pivot and H-Net
- Curated lists of awards specific to Notre Dame graduate students based on areas of study, eligibility, and other criteria
Visit the Grants and Fellowships team page to meet our consultants and schedule an appointment.